When Should I Call My Insurance Company for Fire Damage?

When Fire damage occurs, homeowners or business owners think that they need to call the insurance company first. Unfortunately, they didn't realize that their insurance agent couldn't remove the smoke or odor out of their home or business.

This is a very common mistake when talking to homeowners or business owners that are dealing with Fire Damage. It is important to eliminate smoke particulates and odors before calling your insurance agent because your home and family's health is your responsibility. And ultimately, no one cares more about your home than you do, and that includes First Response Restoration.

insurance claim

Should I File a Claim Before Starting the Fire Damage Cleanup Process?

While filing a claim in a timely manner is still advised, calling for help with the cleanup is more important. When your home or business sustains Fire or Water damage it is the policy holders obligation to take immediate action to prevent secondary damage. You’re not only preventing your home from damages after a fire but you and your family’s health as well.

fire burning house

If My Property has Soot Damage or Odors, What Should I Do First?

Call in a certified professional to evaluate the extent of the Smoke Damage to determine how best to go about getting your home back to a healthy condition ASAP. You will be surprised by how far it has traveled.

Whom Should I Call for Fire Damage Clean-Up?

Call a certified smoke & odor cleanup company like First Response Restoration. There are a couple of main accreditations that restoration companies can have. The primary association is the IICRC, which offers accreditations for a variety of different trades, such as Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT), Odor Control Technician (OCT), Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT), and a host of others.

It’s important to use a company certified to perform the work you need to have done. Not only do they know how best to clean up the smoke damage and remove the odor, but you’re less likely to deal with any issues or concerns from your adjuster during the claims process.

If your home or business is in Carmel, Yorktown Heights, White Plains, New Rochelle, Rye, Greenwich, Stamford, and dozens of other cities in Westchester County, NY, and Fairfield County, CT, we’re a company that can provide the expert help you need to clean up and restore your home from fire damage and smoke/odor damage.

Call First Response Restoration 914-268-6141 today to speak with one of our Smoke cleanup and odor removal restoration specialists.

Our customers love us!

See All

5 out of 179 reviews

Putnam Valley, NY

Posted on Google

We highly recommend First Response for any type of home restoration. They are friendly and professional and quick to respond!!! If you live the Westchester, NYC, CT area you MUST call them!!! THANKS FIRST RESPONSE!!!

Carmel, NY

Posted on Google

Cole and his team at First Response were on scene within 30min to work on our pipe freeze and flood. His team went right to work to clean up the disaster. He is very knowledgeable and was able to assist us in dealing with the insurance company and ...

Mahopac, NY

Posted on Google

Cleaning Service rendered for Boiler Puffback. Beyond expectation, the crew of 7 for 7 days were truly amazing. They worked diligently and extremely well together as a team (the best on the planet) with excellent guidance from project manager. Thorou...

Recently Completed Jobs

See All

Pawling, NY

First Response conducted a thorough assessment of the fire damage, identifying critical areas and evaluating the extent of structural damage and smoke residue. They initiated the process by removing fire-damaged materials and securing exposed areas t...

Chappaqua, NY

First Response provided a detailed assessment utilizing soot sponges to determine all the affected areas of the house. Our Project manager went through the smoke damage cleanup process with the homeowner to ensure everyone was on the same page with t...

Carmel, NY

First Response was able to schedule an inspection time for the homeowner to meet with a project manager to go through the smoke damage process. A project manager thoroughly assessed the fire and smoke damage in order to produce a smoke damage remedia...

Other pages you may be interested in...

First Response Restoration offers exclusive insurance claims assistance by insurance professionals at affordable rates across Connecticut & New York.

First Response Restoration offers puff back soot cleanup at affordable prices across Westchester, Fairfield, Putnam, Dutchess & more in New York & Connecticut.

Swift and effective Water and Fire Damage Restoration for office buildings. First Response Restoration ensures a safe workspace, minimal disruption, and prompt business recovery after a disaster.